Nov 21, 2009

Women and Punctuation,


A brief venture through punctuation, into my love of women.  Photos will have to wait for another time.

Her words hit me as hard as an exclamation mark.

Her sentence didn’t end in a question mark, it ended unfinished with a lonely comma,

Each of her words were punctuated as though with threats.

Her words ostracised me, as they would an apostrophe, simply because of its shape.

She removed the comma allowing her words to flow freely and unobstructed by fixed meaning.

Walking slowly through her thoughts her words explained themselves without pausing for breath or change in direction.

She spoke three words as one, which brushed my heart gentle as her hand mine.

Moving with determination the word I longed to hear came to rest against a period at the end of the sentence. From her lips I hope, you, will always be preceded by, love.

Romantic drivel? perhaps, but I do love to speak thusly. Now to really get me in trouble if women should sneak a look into this page.

A Definition:

Women’s Liberation n. a movement for the removal of apostrophe’s based upon the assumption that because of their shape, men are superior to women. Also called women’s punctuation lib. The comma is also under question by member’s of this movement.

That was my Wikipedia moment.

JAWhite                                                    Return To Main Page.
February 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do read and appreciate comments, I can’t always reply to each but please leave one.
JAWhite