Jan 22, 2010

Lingerie Football, Well Bless My Soul


Foxtel... what can I say. How I ever overlooked this little gem of a show I’ll never know. Normally organised and knowing what’s there to watch or not, I must have had a tear in my eye from the usual drama and documentaries I see. Anyway, I missed this show in the schedule but found it while looking for a Romance Historical Drama for the wife watch.

To me, team sports are a necessity during playoffs and finals, I admit to liking American football and baseball, cricket and rugby leave me a little cold. The new team sport seems to have been discovered by people who love contacts sports.... between women. Okay, every new idea deserves a chance. Based on American football with the uniforms consisting of helmet, shoulder pads and, a sport bikini, the right butt cheek is a good spot for the player number.

Without knowing all the details of the game, rules and such, I was able to watch and follow the action with the help of the very exuberant announcers. An indoor sport with the size of the playing area restricted as is indoor cricket, the action is easily followed by the numerous cameras placed to give the viewer all the angles. The close up shots of players tackling each other and ending in a mass of legs and arms is quite dramatic. The producers had to use the fuzzy spot one normally sees disguising a person’s face who can’t be identified. I’ve not seen fuzzy spots move so quickly before, there were sometimes quite a few on the field at once.


I do admire those sport announcers, they always seem to have a quick comment at just the right moment. “Someone came over the top of her from behind that time”, I agree, those girls were playing to win. “Look at that bruise on her thigh, that’s got to hurt”, “That turf burn is really going to sting in the shower” As I said they were out to get the other side. “She entered that slot on the left like a pro” I can’t go on.

These girls are tough, I saw one tackle where the two girls ran at each other full bore and smashed head and shoulder gear together with a bang. Both managed to get up afterward and, to my surprise there were no tears or a cat fight. There was some amount of pulling and shifting of cloth on body though.

I did notice that quite a few girls had large patches, like a giant band-aid on their lower backs. It was after one came loose that I realised they covered tattoos, or, as some unkind people call them, “tramp tags” I don’t hold with that term. Every girl needs to be able to express herself, covering them must have been so advertising could be sold for those positions. I don’t know what happens when the tattoo wanders down the back into the underwear, it must end somewhere down there.

I took a couple of photos of the game but wish I had a tape recorder, those announcers can really turn an appropriate phrase. This is a sport I might return to now and then, I can’t see why they won’t attract an audience.  If lower back advertising goes for say $500 a spot, I wonder what.......

JAWhite                                               Return To Main Page
January 2010

Images Copyright Foxtel and the Lingerie Football company, see your Foxtel guide for details.

5 comments:

  1. AWESOME! The hubby will love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always interested in learning about new sports and customs from around the world. I felt culturally satisfied reading this John, well done! Damn fine meta-tarsels (or something) on No.16...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am amazed this isnt the worlds top sport! Ilove a bit of rough and tumble but I should probably stick to pilates, these girls look tough!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh to be their towel boy

    ReplyDelete

I do read and appreciate comments, I can’t always reply to each but please leave one.
JAWhite